The LCC organizes a 2-day community market
LUDLOW, Mass (WWLP) – The Ludlow Cultural Council (LCC) has a community market on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The market will take place at the Mack Donnelly Gazebo and Memorial Park located at 11 East Street in Ludlow. The event will feature over 40 vendors each day.
“Community and culture are at the center of this market,” says Michelle Gonçalves, chair of the Ludlow Cultural Council. “We are looking forward to having an event that can bring the city together and provide safe outdoor activities after a year of social distancing… We selected local vendors who would offer a wide variety of items for sale, ranging from moms to handmade soaps. , from wreaths to quilts, paints with essential oils.
The market will also feature shows, food trucks and more. The Saturday program includes:
- Chi Yoga Workshop, a blend of tai chi and yoga for all ages and experience levels, led by Sharon Palmer
- Meet the firefighters of Ludlow and LFD Firetruck, in recognition of Fire Prevention Month.
- Musical performance of The Bad Signs, an overpowering jazzy funk quirk
- Dance shows by Alegria Dance
Sunday’s programming includes:
- Qi Gong with Kim Lawlor, a gentle movement workshop for all ages and levels of experience
- Interactive Dancin ‘with Hoops, a hula hoop performance and interactive experience
- Acoustic musical performance by Accousticca
- Big Band Musical Performance by Ludlow Community Band
On both days there will be activities for the kids on the grass of the library, including multiple arts and crafts events, as well as a weekend sidewalk chalk contest in the field. from the belvedere. All activities are free to the public, but participants are kindly requested to bring a non-perishable can to support the Ludlow CARES food drive for the Survival Center.